Your medical receptionist is generally the first person that your patients will encounter at your practice. This course can enable your receptionist to be the best possible representation of your business.
In addition to greeting patients, a medical receptionist performs tasks that contribute to the smooth running of your medical practice. Because this role is such a crucial function, MediSwitch knows how critical this role is to your business operations. That’s why we have developed a training course specifically to empower and enable medical receptionists.
By following these three easy steps:
Register now for R2300 (including VAT).
02. Make Payment
Once you have registered, you will receive an electronic invoice for the amount of R2,070.00 incl. VAT. Payments must be made at least two (2) weeks before the training date. Please note that bookings can only be confirmed once payment is received.
03. Booking Confirmation
You will receive a confirmation email with all the relevant details (time, venue and directions) after your payment is confirmed.
Training topics include
- The role and responsibilities of the medical receptionist
- Medical office management
- Effective appointment scheduling
- Assessing and improving patient flow in the practice
- Providing superior customer service
- Establishing and maintaining an effective filing system
- Guidelines on keeping medical records
- The importance of interpersonal skills
- Developing a compassionate mindset
- Why image is so important
- Not only that of the receptionist but that of the reception area
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Effective time management
- How to deal with difficult patients
- Protecting the practice computers against ransom-ware
- Telephone etiquette
- Understanding basic medical terminology
- Understanding the different communication styles
- Communication and listening skills
- Mediums through which we communicate
- Email etiquette
- What to consider when using social media
- Medical Coding
- Understanding medical coding and coding rules
- Patient confidentiality/POPI
- Understanding POPI
- What constitutes personal information
- How to get POPI compliant
- Understanding ethics
- Confidentiality of patient information
- Health and Safety in the Practice
- Legislation and regulations
- Safe working practices
- A summary of the Occupational Health and Safety
Act Acronyms in the Health Industry
Meet our training specialist
In my role as Specialist Trainer for MediSwitch, I have trained an average of 1,400 delegates per year across South Africa for the past 3 and a half years. I want to make a positive contribution to the individuals who work within a practice, and training allows me to fulfill this passion.